Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Sad...

RIP
 Pink Mail Box
As I drove John to preschool friday morning I saw our sweet and lovable Pink Mail box on the side of the road.  It looked like it had just fallen off the post. It was hanging by a tread anyways and the snow and frigid weather we had last week must have taken its toll.  I didn't worry too much about it and drove by thinking that the owners would pick it up.  Not three hours later after picking John up from school we were on our way home and drove by the Pink Mail Box, too check on it and make sure that it was ok.  Someone had run over our Pink Mail Box.  It was lying flat on the road.  John was devastated.  He kept saying.  "What happened to the Pink Mail Box?"  I didn't know what to say to him.    Now when we drive my I try to distract him so that he doesn't look for it.
Pink Mail Box you have filled our life with so much joy and happiness.  We are truly going to miss you.

No comments: